Monday, May 1, 2017

EME2040 Spring 2017 Final Reflective Post

Starting off the semester I wasn't sure what to expect about technology for teachers. While I am familiar with the interactive white board and sites like “Edmodo,” I wasn't sure how technology was going to be utilized in the classroom since there has been so much change from when I was in school. We had overhead projectors and the occasional computer in the classrooms to accompany the rolling cart with the TV and VCR. 




 I'm not sure that I considered the use of what are now common and simple devices, like smart phones and MP3 players, as classroom technology and was expecting more science fiction type stuff that I had never heard of, which had me intimidated honestly. It was exciting to learn all of the different types of technology used in today's educational platform, and while not as intimidating, I still have a lot to learn to find out where my classroom will go. I hope to get a better understanding about the flow of the classroom and seamless use of technology in my internships. Although I over extended myself a bit this semester I did enjoy the class and learned a lot. The addition of the copyright, fair use and creative commons lessons were extremely important and will be well used in the future. The group projects, while challenging at times, are very useful in developing communication skills, working with others, and finding solutions and ways to get the projects done on time despite obstacles. The only part of the course I was not too fond of is the blog posts, which I'm sure is obvious. While I'm sure that there is a good use and reason for it, it's just not in my comfort zone but I understand that part of the process is to challenge us and make us do things that we are not necessary comfortable doing. The tools you have helped provide us with this semester are tools that we will need to be successful teachers.



References:

Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Inc.

Jim Hickcox, overhead projector. June 3, 2007 retrieved via Flickr

Mark Johnston. Busy Chalkboard. January 1, 2007 retrieved via Flickr

Sean Hackbarth. TV Cart. May 22, 2011 retrieved via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment